Dynamic Response of the Environment At the Moon
Goddard's DREAM Center for Lunar Studies
DREAM is a virtual institute incorporating over 20 Investigators from over 10 Academic and Government Centers. DREAM IS:
- A theory, modeling, data validation effort of the solar-lunar environment connection
- Answering "how does the highly-variable solar energy and matter incident at the surface interface affect the dynamics of lunar volatiles, ionosphere, plasma, and dust?"
- Emphasizing the dynamics-solar storms and impacts at the Moon
- A modeling center that maintains, advances and integrates state-of-the-art neutral, plasma, and surface interaction models
- Sponsored by NASA's Lunar Science Institute (NLSI) Headquarted out of Ames Research Center Moffett Field CA, 94035